Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 2

Our first full day of gluten free didn't go as well as I had hoped. I made pancakes for lunch, not knowing that by using the same griddle (even different sides!) I was "contaminating" the gluten free food. I made 2 bowls, used 2 different spatulas, 2 separate sides of the griddle, and she still got a bit sick. Alas, I learned from it. I found a wonderful resource that lists all the safe and unsafe ingredients. I am going to print them up and carry them with me so I can read the labels and actually understand what I am reading. I also learned that Whole Foods has a huge selection of gluten free foods - we'll be making a trip there this week.

A few other things about yesterday -

It was my baby's first birthday and I had to make her a gluten free cake so her oldest sister could enjoy it with the rest of us. It turned out completely ugly, and very rich in taste. I have tears in my eyes as I think about it. Needless to say there weren't pictures of that cake. I think it's important to note that I rarely cook breakfast, or lunch. My kids favorite morning meal is cereal, lunch is sandwiches. I have cooked more in the last 2 days than I did the entire week before.

No comments:

Post a Comment