Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flop, Menu Plan 10/3-10/9

Yesterday I caved. My husband and I were blessed with a couple of hours to ourselves and we went to a local restaurant. I made my kids some delicious GF spaghetti, but I gorged myself on crispy onion rings and boneless buffalo wings. Yup, I chose badly. I was unprepared and glutton for fried food. Today Shayla flopped - she had a doughnut at church. She came up to me with her sweet little friends and asked if she could have a stomach ache, how could I say no to that? Tomorrow is another day... Yes, that is one of my favorite movies of ALL time.

I am doing a week of getting by with what's in our pantry for now, but next week I'll be trying a ton of new recipes and hope to start sharing those with you. I am heading in the kitchen now to try to make a loaf of bread, I'll let you know how that turns out.

This is my menu plan for dinners:

Sunday - black bean veggie burgers with corn and rice
Monday - pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and green beans
Tuesday - Crockpot Beef Stew
Wednesday - Baked Ziti
Thursday - Breakfast dinner (eggs, biscuits, pancakes)
Friday - Chicken and yellow rice with peas
Saturday - tacos (with lentils for the "meat")

No comments:

Post a Comment